Click here for: U.S. Ski &Snowboard Alpine Entry Card (U.S. Ski & Snowboardonly, not FIS)
Click here if you need: Credit Card Authorization form (for FIS events registered through the Far West Office)
|Register for Races at AdminSkiRacing.com||
Help me Register
Looking for some help with registering for a race? Click here to visit the FAQ page on race registration.
Selected FIS athletes will have 72 hours to accept their selection and remit registration paperwork and payment. Payment is validation of entry. See the Far West Policies and Procedures for complete information regarding the payment and refund policy.
Entry Fees for 2017/2018:
These are fixed entry fees and have been updated for the 2017/2018 season.
|Event||Price per Start|
|SL and GS||$40.00|
|SG and DH||$47.00|
|December 9, 2017||Mammoth||2 GS||Open||U16+||Race Announcement||Boys Girls|
|December10, 2017||Boys Girls|
|Dec 10 -13 SK
Dec 11-14 MR
|Snow King/ Mission Ridge||3 SL.2 GS||WR FIS||U19+||RESULTS|
|Quota 25M. 25W||Points List #6|
|January 5, 2018*||Mammoth||1 GS.2 SL||Open||U16+||
|January 6, 2018*||Postponed|
|January 7, 2018*||Boys Girls|
|Jan 18-19, 2018||Snow Basin||2 SG||WR FIS||U19+|
|Quota 35M. 35W||Points List #8|
|Jan 20-23, 2018||Park City/ Snowbird||
2 SL 2GS
|Elite FIS||U19+||Park City Results|
|Quota 9M.11W||Points List #8||Snowbird Results|
U16 and U19.U21 Qualifiers
WR JRs Qualifier
|January 27, 2018*||NEW LOCATION
|2 SL||Boys Girls|
|January 28, 2018*||Boys Girls|
|Jan 30 - Feb 4, 18
|Schweitzer||2 DH. 2 SG||WR FIS||U19+||Results|
|Quota 35M. 35W||Points List #9|
|February 10, 2018||Mammoth||2 GS||Open||U16+||
U16 and U19.U21 Qualifiers
|February 11 2018||Girls|
February 16-21, 2018
|Snow King||2SL.2GS||Elite FIS||U19+||Results||Ladies Selections and Registration|
|Quota 9M.11W||Points List #9||Gents Selections and Registration|
|Febr 23, 2018*||Mammoth||3 SG||Open||U16+||
|Febr 24, 2018*||Boys Girls|
|Febr 25, 2018*||Boys Girls|
|March 13-18, 2018||
|2 SL.2 GS.
|WR JR Champs||U19+||Registration Package
Open on 3.5.18
|Quota 24M/18W||Points List 11|
|March 17, 2018||Heavenly
|2 SL||Open||U16+||Race Announcement||Boys Girls|
|March 18, 2018||Boys Girls|
|March 26-29, 2018||Northstar||3SL.2GS||WR FIS||U19+||Registration Package
Open on 3.9.18
|Quota 50M. 50W||Points List 11|
|March 30, 2018*||Northstar GS
Sugar Bowl SL
|FW Tech Finals||2nd U14+||Sugar Bowl SL
|March 31, 2018*||Boys Girls|
|April 1, 2018*||Boys Girls|
|April 2, 2018*||Boys Girls|
|April 2 - 5, 2018
||Mammoth||2 SL. 2 GS||WR Elite||U19+||Registration Package
Open on 3.22.18
|Quota 9M.11W||Points List 12|
|April 7 - 12, 2018
||Mt. Bachelor||2 SG*.2DH||WR FIS||U19+||Registration Package
Open on 3.22.18
|Quota 25M.25W||Points List 12||FIS.USSA|
|April 21, 2018||Mammoth||3 SG||Open||U14+||Race Announcement||Boys Girls|
|April 22, 2018||Boys Girls|
|* denotes Grand Prix Series Races|
- all athletes must hold a U.S. Ski & Snowboardand Far West U16+ Competitors License (www.ussa.org to complete both)
- U16+ Races are run as U.S. Ski & Snowboardsanctioned, scored events
- WR JR Champs Qualifiers are noted in the schedule above
- Start order for U16 and older races is based on U.S. Ski & Snowboardpoints, top 15 are a random draw, followed by points order, and a random draw for all 999.99 athletes.
- 2nd run is in bibbo order for the top 30, followed by athletes fastest to slowest. Athletes that DNF or DSQ in the 1st run will be allowed to take a 2nd run immediately following the final qualified competitor, unless decided upon by the jury at least one hour prior to the start of the race that post runs will not be allowed.
- Grand Prix Series - notated with an * in the above schedule.
This is the qualifying series to the Western Region Jr Champs for U19 and U21 athletes, these races are U.S. Ski & Snowboardevents. For the 2017 season the Grand Prix series will consist 3 weekends of U.S. Ski & Snowboard/Far West events plus the Far West Finals Tech and SG Finals.
The Grand Prix series is scored for Srs/U21’s and U19’s as a series to qualify for scholarships to be used for the following season. The places are determined by adding up the total World Cup Points earned during ALL the races listed in the Grand Prix series for that season. Each race is scored by separating the field by gender into Srs/U21’s and U19 classes. Foreign, out of division, current USST and U16 participants in each race are removed and results are sorted by class prior to assigning WCP’s for each race. Athletes must have competed in at least half of the scheduled Grand Prix races in order to qualify for the scholarships.
Overall Champions from the Grand Prix Series will be awarded the following:
1st place – U19 men/women $600 Scholarship
2017 Recipients: Erik Eisen and Cheyenne Brown
2nd place – U19 men/women $300 Scholarship
2017 Recipients: Luke Davenport and Mack Carkeet
3rd place – U19 men/women $200 Scholarship
2017 Recipients: Payton Norton and Sarah S Hudson
U.S. Ski & Snowboard Open and Grand Prix Series Races
1st - 3rd, Srs/U21
1st - 3rd, U19
Hard Charger - one per gender per race
Quota: Men 24 Ladies 18
There is open qualifying amongst all U21 and U19’s; no one is protected. Selections will be based on the RSBM as follows:
- Up to a six column, double-sided board, with best U.S. Ski & Snowboard race results earned in designated Far West qualifier races by discipline on the left side and the U.S. Ski & Snowboard points from the designated points list by discipline on the right side of the board.
- Far West qualifier best U.S. Ski & Snowboard race result will be determined as follows:
- Far West Grand Prix Series SL, GS and SG series held in January and February
An athlete will be able to use the best U.S. Ski & Snowboard race results from the contested qualifying races in each discipline.
- U.S. Ski & Snowboard race results are determined by adding race points and penalty points.
- If there is a tie in any given discipline, the tiebreaking proceeds as follows:
- The tied athletes are listed from lowest to highest by their second-best U.S. Ski & Snowboard race result from the tied discipline.
- If that does not break the tie, list the tied athletes in order from lowest to highest U.S. Ski & Snowboard points in discipline from the U.S. Ski & Snowboard points lists used for the selection.
- The board will be set up from left to right:
- Left side – Best U.S. Ski & Snowboard race result earned from the Far West qualifier races in each discipline in order of: SL, GS, SG. A column will not appear if the race series is cancelled.
- Right side – points from the U.S. Ski & Snowboard points list in order of: SL, GS, and SG. IF a race series is cancelled for a particular discipline, the U.S. Ski & Snowboard point’s column for that discipline will still appear on the board, with the athletes that were on the start list, if the race series was cancelled on site, and athletes that were registered by the entry deadline if the race series is cancelled in advanced.
- An athlete needs to have a valid F number at the time of the event to be included in the best U.S. Ski & Snowboard race results columns. All foreign and out of division athletes will be removed during the board set up
- U.S. Ski & Snowboard points from list #11, valid March 1, 2018 will be used
- Far West Division will select 90% of the men and women Quotas and hold 10% of the quotas (men and women) slots in reserve for discretionary selection. If no discretionary spots are used, the next alternates will be placed in these spots. To be selected by the U21/U19 Discretionary/Development Committee of 5, representing different teams.
- To appear on the U.S. Ski & Snowboard point’s side in each discipline of the selection board, an athlete must compete in at least one race of each discipline.
- Alternate list of 15 men and 15 women.
- All athletes, including alternates, must respond by the prescribed deadline listed at www.fwskiing.org with all registration paperwork, mountain liability forms and payment.
- These selections will open on March 2, 2018.
For full information please see the Far West Policies and Procedures.