Welcome to the 2019 season and the racing ahead! Some general updates and specifics for each age class are included in this article.
Registering for races can be completed one race series at a time or for the entire season. The first item is to check the race announcement for the event to confirm registration cut off deadlines, series location, lift ticket prices and of course the extremely important liability form requirements.
Next you can head to www.adminskiracing.com to complete your online registration. If you have not created an account yet, that will be your first stop. Once the account is created you will need to add the athletes you are registering to this account (if you have multiple athletes in your family racing you will only need to create one account and add all kids to that account!)
North/Central/South and California Challenge Series:
U10 and U12 North Series - programs include Tahoe Basin, Mammoth, Mt. Shasta, Northern Nevada
U10, U12 and U14 Central Series - programs include Bear Valley, China Peak, Dodge Ridge and Yosemite Winter Club
U10, U12 and U14 South Series - programs include Snow Summit
California Challenge Series - North/Central/South athletese that are planning on qualifying for the U14 Regional Championships. These are scored races where the U14 races held in the Central and South Series are non-scored and do not qualify towards the U14 Regional Championships.
U10 Specific Items: Year of Birth 09 and 10
- U10's will utilize a Team Start order, and can be found on the U10 schedules page
- All U10 competitors are allowed to start the second run in their starting spot, including those that did not finish (DNF) or were disqualified (DSQ) in their first run.
- U10 Championships will consist of 1 Slalom, 1 GS, 1 one run Big GS with Skills Quest, 1 Parallel with Team Event
U12 Specific Items: Year of Birth 07 and 08
- U12 start order will be a random draw for the first run, second run will be in reverse order. Day two will start with the reverse order and second run will return to the original start order, ie ABBA order. SG training run will be in team order with a seperate random order per race.
- All U12 competitors are allowed to start the second run in their starting spot, including those that did not finish (DNF) or were disqualified (DSQ) in their first run.
- U12 Skills Quest will be run on the SG training day during the North Series SG weekend
- U12 Championships will consist of SG Training Run and SG race, 1 Slalom, 1 GS, 1 Parallel with Team Event
- U14/U12 Performance Camp brings togther top performing athletes from the Far West Division. U12 qualification: top 6 males and female (North 4M/F, Central 1M/F, South 1 M/F) selected from the U12 season long standings of SL and GS. Programs are required to send coaching staff to work this development project.
U14 Specific Items:
- U14 Races (YOB 05-06) are run as U.S. Ski and Snowboard sanctioned, scored, events. Start lists are based on U.S. Ski & Snowboard points, top 15 are a random draw, followed by points order, and a random draw for all 999.99 athletes.
SG training runs may be run in team order.
- 2nd run is in bibbo order for the top 30, followed by athletes fastest to slowest. Athletes that DNF or DSQ in the 1st run will be allowed to take a 2nd run immediately following the final qualified competitor, unless decided upon by the jury at least one hour prior to the start of the race that post runs will not be allowed.
- The California Challenge Series is the qualifying series to the U14 Regional Championships
- Open Series start opportunities: December Tech Block, Far West Tech Finals and the Far West SG Finals.
If you have any questions please contact your coach or the Far West Skiing Office.
Hope you have an amazing season!
Far West Skiing
PO Box 2664
Truckee, Ca 96160